Monday, December 7, 2015

I found an American!!!!!

Happy December to all and hope you are all ready for the Christmas season!!!!
     So this week was a quick one with bumps here and there. As of right now I am staying in the area for another 6 weeks, hooray! (not really) but it's not about me it's about the work and the people I need to help.
     So going back all the way to Monday. We went to subway, shopping and then ended the night at Elton's. We had Family Home Evening there and had hot dogs for dinner. And no, they were not American hot dogs, but they were still good.
     Tuesday was the 1st day of December which meant the start of festivities and it also meant that there is 24 days left until I get to talk to my family.
     Tuesday was not really exciting just a meeting at the church with the Branch President about the less actives we need to work with.
     Wednesday we went to the other Elders area because Elder Rueda went to Cuiaba again for the doctor. It was a long day of walking but we found a Brazilian COSTCO. It was awesome and reminded me of home.
     Thursday we went on splits and Elder Rueda came to my area. It was so good first of all to not be with my companion and, second to see how another Elder teaches. This was a good experience and I learned a lot. We had an activity at the church that night and it was a poor turnout but we still continue to have it.
     Friday we switched back comps and it down poured most of the day but we still went out and visited those who needed a visit. We ended the night at Tica's and she, like always, fed us and it was good, like always.
     Saturday was an exciting day. We had a reference from somebody but only had the house color and the general location. We looked and asked around if anyone knew who this person was. No luck. when we were walking down the street we asked a guy on a bike if he knew this person. He did because it was him! He asked me if I was American because I don't have a Portuguese accent. I said yes and he responded to me in English. He was an American and moved here with his family 3 years ago. We had a good discussion and have a date to return and talk to him. i have a good feeling about this. This experience reminds me of the movie The Best Two Years. haha.
     Sunday we watched the Christmas reruns of the devotionals. It was a good week and hope for a good one this wee.  Love you all and I love your support and prayers. Sorry for the short letter but I am running low on time.
Until next time,
Elder Browning