Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year

Hello every one and Happy 2016!!
SO this week was crazy just like the rest, so what new?! HAHA!!
This week was filled with parties, food and a lot of love once again from the members!! I won't give you a day-to day account, just the highlights of this week!! 
     To start off we have an investigator that is getting baptized this Saturday!! His name is João (John in English) and he is GOLDEN!! He was prepared before hand to receive the gospel. We give him reading assignments in the Book Of Mormon and he reads more them we assign!! He comes to church and loves it!! He is 18 and has an interest in serving a mission after he does one year in the Army. Finally the Lord is blessing us with the success we have been looking for, here in Cáceres!!! We will continue to help him and just be his friend. We are all excited for his baptism date on Saturday!! 
     OK, now on to another topic. So we are and will be in a Trio for the next 2 weeks because an Elder here got sent home for something he did early on in his mission and kept it a secret. He had 3 months left. And that's all i will say about that. 
     I don't remember what day of the week it was but we deep cleaned our house because it was just GROSS!! I mean deep cleaned!! Now it is SUPER clean and enjoyable to live in!! That was a little random but some people would like to know that little tid-bit. 
     Now let go to the New Year and the stories that I have. New Years Eve we spent the day at Elton's and and messed around with him. He just loves us and I think we are more of friends to him than "just the missionaries that just come over," which is a good thing. He loves messing with me and my Portuguese/English. We had a BBQ and I ate until I literally threw up. But i am okay now. We stayed over there until 1 am watching fireworks and let me tell you, that was a scary experience I have had so far on my mission. It was a lot of drunk people with fireworks and I am pretty sure the police had the night off as well. But I am alive and that's all that matters, right? Anyways, around 1 am we headed to the bus station to catch the 2am bus to Cuiabá. It was a long night/morning on a 4 hour bus ride. Once we arrived to Cuiabá around 6am New Years Day morning we took a quick little nap at he Zone Leader's house. Around 9am, we headed to the Church to have our New Years Day P-Day. Let me just tell you that it was one of the funnest days I have had on the mission. It was just our zone, but our zone includes the assistants, the secretaries and President and Sister Oliveira!! WE played cards, Uno, Volleyball and had yet another BBQ. It was such a great time that I will never forget. And yes, President and Sister Oliveira played with us in all activities. President Oliveira is a such a kid and that made it more fun. After the games and activities we headed back home while everyone else went bowling. I was a little mad but all is well. 
     Well that's about it here in my life. Sorry that this email was a lot of randomness but I hope you all enjoyed it. I also hope all of you made some goals for the New Year.  I will tell you one of mine. My goal is to read the Book Of Mormon in Portuguese everyday. If any of you want to join me in reading the Book of Mormon in Portuguese feel free. haha. Anyways, love you all and grateful for the love and support. I am finally understanding the why serving a mission can be 2 of the best years of your life.  Until we meet again...Me and

Love Elder Browning
 Me and Jorge the Horse